First United is participating in the American Bankers Association Foundation Lights, Camera, Save! video contest for teens between the ages of 13 and 18. We’re looking for creative, innovative concepts that show the importance of sound money management—let your imagination run free! Local winners, selected by First United, will receive $500 and submission to the national competition. Three national winners of Lights, Camera, Save! will receive awards of $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000. Winning videos will be posted on YouTube and become part of a national campaign to make sound money management relevant to teens.
Entering is easy! Read the information below, and once you’ve created your video, submit your entry information, along with a link to your video and your signed contest entry packet using the form below.
ENTER BY 11/26/2018
Contest Do’s and Don’ts
- Do read the official contest rules and download and sign the Contestant Submission Packet that you will need for entry. Make sure that all your hard work isn’t in vain and disqualified for not following the rules.
- Do be original and think outside the box. Treat this as you would a school project and make sure that all of your work is yours not borrowed from a song, website, book, etc.
- Do view winning videos from last year’s contest.
- Do produce the highest audio and visual quality video possible. Production value is 40% of the judge’s score.
- Do expect us to notify our bank winners directly, by phone or email, in December. The national winner will be announced by the American Bankers Association Foundation March 2019.
- Do get the express permission of others featured in your video. Before you enter your video into the contest, make sure any friends or classmates who are in the video know that they are about to become stars!
- Don’t use copyrighted material- this includes music, movies, and books. We want YOUR original ideas, not those of Lil Wayne, The Rock, or J. K. Rowling.
- Only one video per entrant/contestant is permitted. Don’t submit your video to more than one bank. This is a fast and sure way to have your video disqualified.
- Don’t create an advertisement. Remove clothing labels, sports teams, car manufactures emblems, store logos, and all other identifiers from your video.
- Don’t create a video longer than the 90 second time allotment. Give yourself a few seconds at the end of the video as a buffer just in case.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us using the FAQ form below. We are excited that you have decided to participate in the contest and are here to help.
Lights. Camera. Save! Contest is copyright 2018 American Bankers Association Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Contest open to legal U.S. and D.C. residents who live in the U.S. or D.C. and are between ages 13 and 18 as of October 1, 2018. Contest begins October 1, 2018 and ends December 3, 2018. For entry forms or more information about this contest, including the Official Rules, which govern this contest, contact our bank or another participating financial institution, or visit LightsCameraSave.com.