Welcome to People Pay, a great way for you to pay just about anyone on the spot. All you need is their mobile phone number or email address.
People Pay is a fast and easy way to make and receive payments right from your phone. It’s super convenient when you want to pay someone immediately but don’t have cash.
No more wrestling with checks, cash, cards, or delayed payments. Anyone enrolled in our People Pay service can pay others, on the spot, with just a mobile phone number or email address.
Apply for Access Frequently Asked Questions
The benefits are numerous:
- Pay on the spot — anytime, anywhere.
- Pay from your computer or smartphone.
- Pay safely and securely.
- Pay using only the recipient’s email address or cell phone number.
People Pay is especially convenient when you want to:
- Make a purchase at a garage sale, craft show or antique store.
- Split the bill at a restaurant.
- Share the cost of a gift.
- Pay for lawn care, housekeeping, pet care, babysitting...
- Give children spending money.
APPLY for Access to people pay
People Pay is a feature located within Personal Internet Banking and the My Bank Mobile personal banking app. Apply for access to People Pay today using the form below and take advantage of sending payments to anyone from your phone. We will contact you as soon as you have been approved.
Download the My Bank Mobile app
People Pay - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get started with People Pay?
First, apply online with the form above to get access. Once approved, a First United associate will reach out to you to let you know that you've been enabled for People Pay. You will then need to validate your account and agree to the terms by logging into Personal Internet Banking before you can begin using People Pay from your mobile device. There, you will also be able to connect the accounts that you wish to use with People Pay and validate or confirm your email address(es) or mobile phone number(s) for receiving payments from other users. If you have any questions, contact our Customer Care Center at 1-888-692-2654.
- What is this service?
This service allows you to swiftly and safely get money to anyone you need to pay with just an email address or a mobile phone number. You can: Pay your rent, Send your niece or nephew a cash birthday gift, or Pay back the friend you owe for lunch or those concert tickets.
- Is this site secure?
Yes. We have taken the extensive measures to ensure your payments are safe and hassle-free.
- I don't recognize the name of this financial institution. Is that okay?
Yes. The financial institution name in most cases ties to the individual who is sending you money.
- Who can I receive money from?
- What is an expired payment?
If the recipient does not accept a payment within 10 days, the payment will expire and the fee for sending the funds will be refunded. If that happens, the sender will need to re-send the payment.
- What if my payment fails due to wrong account information?
If your People Pay payment fails due to inaccurate account or routing information, the payment amount will be returned to your account, less the transaction fee.
- Can I edit or cancel a payment after it has been submitted?
You may be able to cancel a payment that has not yet been accepted. However, your payment begins processing immediately after you submit your payment on the preview page and may not be able to be edited.
- Do I have to add a contact before I make a payment?
No, you can just enter your payment details and we'll prompt you if we need any additional information. Once your payment has been submitted your contact will automatically be added. Then, you will just need to click the contact's name to make a future payment.
- Are there limitations to my contact names?
Yes. Contact names must have at least two (2) characters for both the first and last names.
- Can I send payments internationally?
No. People Pay does not support international transactions at this time. People Pay payments can be made to consumers residing anywhere within the United States, its territories (American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia), and military installations.
- Does everyone qualify for People Pay?
No, not everyone will qualify. For more information, speak with an associate.
- Is People Pay available on the My Bank Mobile tablet app?
The Mobile People Pay App is not currently available on iPad or Android tablets at this time. However, the web/online version does work in the browser on tablets.
People Pay - Frequently Asked Questions from Recipients
- Is there a cost to me to claim money?
No, there is no cost associated with claiming money.
- Is receiving money secure?
Yes. Security is a top-priority and we have taken all of the necessary steps to ensure your money is delivered securely.
- Do payments expire?
If you do not accept a payment made to you within 10 days, the payment will expire. If that happens, just contact the sender and ask them to re-send the payment.
- What are my options for claiming money?
The following options are available. Please note that delivery dates vary by option:
- My bank account: (1-3 days) You will be prompted for your bank routing number, account number, and account type.
- My PayPal account: (Instant) You will be prompted for the email address associated to your PayPal account. Funds will be delivered to your PayPal account instantly.
- What happens if I decline a payment?
The sender will be notified that you declined their payment and you cannot claim the payment in the future.
* Message and data rates may apply; contact your cellular provider for information on your mobile contract. Most smart phones are supported by My Bank Mobile, but some limitations may exist. Call us at 1-888-692-2654 if you are experiencing any issues.
iPhone® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App StoreSM is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.